A growing number of awareness with regards to the healing properties of cannabis as potential cure for cancer is evident in the past few years. Over a decade, there are several studies that have proved the anti-tumoral effects of the cannabis plant. The presence of cannabinoids or a group of related compounds that includes cannabilos and the other active constituents of the cannabis are the primary players that activate the cannabinoid receptors in the body.
The human body produces compounds known as endocannabinoids that play important role in the processes found in the body to help creating a healthy and favorable environment.
The two approved treatment for cancer includes chemotherapy and radiation only. But it is important to let the patient know that there are other options that exist. There is nothing wrong in trying to explore these alternative options and find a way for more information so the patient can decide and make choices for themselves.
Thus, it is very important that you do your own study and or research about this topic.
In fact, there are a growing number of people who have tried to use this treatment to help cure their cancer. This goes to show that there is nothing wrong to explore possibilities because alternative treatment may cure you without having to worry of the adverse side effects. In fact, there are a lot of credible websites and journal studies that you can read from reputed sources.
As more people become aware of the therapeutic properties of this plant, the next question to ask is how it is being used? In an article entitled “Teenage Girl Uses Cannabis To Treat Leukemia and Great Results Were Seen, the author featured a case study in the article, you can email her doctors and from then you can ask further questions in case of an emergency.
The same article also mentioned about the 9-year old girl who used cannabis plant to heal her cancer. The doctors have listed all the step-by-step procedures that they did. They even called it “Making Medical Marijuana 101”.
These are some of the possible options that you can search to know more about how to extract the medicinal properties of the plant. Another popular Hemp Oil is presented by Rick Simpson. He is an activist of Medical Marijuana who provides people with information about the potential healing medication of Hemp oil.
The inspiration to continue with the study came from Simpson experience when he healed himself of his metastatic cancer which happened in 2003.
These are just few of a thousand materials that you can search on your own. You can even contact the physicians of Mykyla, the name of the 9-year old girl that was mentioned earlier. Or you can explore the suggestion of Rick Simpson. These studies will give you insights about cannabis and hopefully give you answers to your questions.
Below is the Hemp or Hash Oil Recipe of Rick Simpson, you can also visit his website for additional reference.
To start with, you need at least 1 ounce of dried herb. Typically, 1 ounce will give you 3 to 4 grams of oil. But keep in mind that the amount of oil extracted per ounce varies from the strain to strain. 1 pound of dried cannabis plant will produce approximately 2 ounces of high quality oil.
Just an important note, these instructions are summarized directly from the website of Rick Simpson. You also need to be extremely careful in boiling the solvent because it is flammable. Avoid red hot heating elements, stove-tops, sparks, and or smoking.
It would be better if you can set a fan to blow the fumes away from the pot and make sure to have a well-ventilated area while performing the entire process.
2 Plastic Buckets
2 Gallons of Preferred solvent (Choose one from – water, 99% isopropyl alcohol, butane, ether or pure naphtha)
1 Clean Container
A small glass of water (You need only a few drops)
Stainless steel container
Dehydrator or Coffee Warmer
- Place the completely dried material into a plastic bucket.
- Moisten the material with the solvent that you are using. You can also use a solvent-free option. These are the solvent that you can use:
- 99% Isopropyl alcohol
- Pure Naphtha
Preferably use two gallons of solvent to obtain the THC extract from one pound. At least 500 ml is enough for 1 ounce of dried cannabis.
- Crush the plant using a clean stick of untreated wood or other similar tool. Although the plant is bit damp, it will be easy to crush it because it has been dried.
- Continue crushing the material using the stick while carry on adding the solvent until the plant material is completely soaked and covered. Stir the mixture for three minutes. As you do it, the THC will be dissolved from the material into a solvent.
- Pour the oil mixture of the solvent off the plant into another bucket. At this time, you have stripped 80% of THC from the plant material.
- You now move on to the second wash, add the solvent again to the mixture and work another three minutes to extract the residual THC.
- Pour the oil solvent into the mixture of the first bucket that you previously work on.
- Discard the second washed plant materials.
- Pour the oil solvent mixture through a coffee filter into the clean container.
- Boil the solvent. Preferably use rice cooker because it boils the solvent nicely. It can also hold more than half a gallon of solvent mixture. It is very important that you avoid using open flames, cigarettes, sparks, red hot elements and stove tops because the fumes are very flammable.
- Add the solvent to the rice cooker until it is ¾ full and turn on high heat. Make sure that you do it in a well-ventilated area and set up a fan to drive away the solvent fumes. Continue adding the mixture to the cooker as the solvent evaporates until you finish adding all the extracted materials.
- As the rice cooker level decreases, add at least 10 drops of water for 1 pound of dry material. This will help release the residues of the solvent and protect the oil from high heat.
- If there is around one inch of solvent-water mixture left in the rice cooker, put on the oven mitts and pick it up and swirl the contents until the solvent is finished boiling off.
- After the solvent is boiled off, turn the rice cooker to LOW heat. The oil should reach over 140˚ C or 290˚ F.
- Keep the oven mitts on and remove the pot which contains the oil from the rice cooker. Slowly pour the oil into a stainless steel container.
- Then place the stainless steel container in dehydrator or put it in a gentle heating tool like the coffee warmer. This will take few hours since the volatile terpenses and water will be evaporated from the oil. When you see that there is no any surface activity on the oil, it is ready to use.
- Suck the oil using plastic syringe or other container that you think can be of help. Syringe is preferable to use because it makes the oil easy to dispense. When the oil is completely cooled, the consistency will be like thick grease.
For further information, you can check Rick’s written recipe. You can also see the dosage information. But make sure that before you do anything; consult your physician first to make sure that you understand the principle on how everything works.