You know that like poles attract. That is why it is true to say that positive people are attracted to positive energy and negative people are attracted to negative energy. In most cases we deceive ourselves that only other people have negative energy. However, that is not true. The truth is that negativity could be deep-rooted in you but might go unnoticed. This is because there are times when negativity disguises itself.
In some cases you might even think that positive people are not acting real. You might think that they are just naïve, are faking their smiles, they are living in denial or they are simply hiding their heads in the sand. Do you think there is something positive about the way those people act or are they simply happy?
Think about this: Who said that being realistic means that something will go wrong and that you have to agree to that? It is also not true to say that being realistic is definitely negative. If your view for the world is realistic, you will always be negative. Things will always go as you think. If you think that they will go wrong, they definitely will and on the other hand, if you think that things will go right, they definitely will. Your unconsciously held beliefs will change you into a negative person without you realizing it.
Now if you have a lot of negativity in yourself and do not know it, it will be hard to know whether you are trapped in a cloud of negative energy that could be pulling you to the wrong people, feelings and situations. Now how would you know that it is not you who is responsible for the negativity? Below is a quick test to measure the height of negative energy that is in you.
- Do you grumble? Always or sometimes
- Are you always taking about what is not right in the world than about what is right? This includes the bad weather, government, traffic, in-laws, economy and such other things.
- Do you disapprove? Always or about some people.
- Do you pay attention to tragedy and drama can you go away from the TV when there are news about disaster or is it possible for you to disassociate yourself with the lives of celebrities who are dysfunctional?)
- Do you hold other people responsible? Always or sometimes?
- Do you think that you are not in charge over most outcomes?
- Do you feel like an injured person? Do you speak about those who have done things to you?
- Do you appreciate what you are or have or do you wait until you feel that things are working right for you before you start appreciating?
- Do you think that things are happening to you? Or do you think that they are taking place through you?
The following are two important points;
You are a negative person if you are only grateful when your things go right. Appreciation is a positive move. You should be grateful for all things even the not so pleasant ones. You are a victim if you always believe that something wrong will happen to you. At such times it is usually easy to act negative because that is power that you can easily give up. Think about this option. Who or what would you blame when there are good things that are happening to you: Do you always give yourself credit for all the good things that happen to you? Do you think that the good things happened to you because you worked hard so you deserve it? Do you blame other people or other external forces for the bad things that happen to you and your failures? Why should it be that way, you think that good things happened because of your efforts but you blame others for the bad things? Most people only want to get credit, but no-one wants to take fault.
If your answer to any of the above questions is yes, then there is some degree of negative energy in you. This is something you should get rid of. To do this, you simply need to train your mind to choose positive energy. Here is yet another point that you should take into consideration: Have you ever noticed that positive thinking people always get what they desire in life. Such people continue enjoying their lives even when things are not going right.
The following are 3 steps to enable you deal with negative energy
- Have power over your possession
Don’t always think that every bad thing that happens to you is another person’s fault. Dalai Lama had this to say “When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.”
- Get rid of negative feelings and replace them with positive thoughts
Most people think that it is not easy to get rid of negative feelings but the truth is that it is possible. You can do this by putting a lot of practice, show commitment and decide to look at the world through the eyes of anything that can do right instead of wrong. Be your own guard. Train yourself to speak only positive things. No negative things should come out of your mouth.
- You can make use of Love and Above Spiritual toolkit to make your energy clear. This will bring additional love, more light into your life. Imagine your positive side as a replacement of negativity. Triumph over what happened more from your soul instead of what is the reality. Craft in you what you would want and let it in on the outside world. No one would want to have negative energy leak into their lives yet this is something that most of them allow. However, most of us allow this to happen unwillingly.
It is advisable that you realize that you are responsible for what your future holds. This is why you should start shaping your life the way you would want it to be.